Friday 27 January 2012

The Gift

I don't really celebrate Christmas. Well, I do have dinner with my family, because for me that's the only tradition worth keeping. I'm an atheist and I'm selfish, so I don't like spending money in gifts that I never like in the end, being embarrassed because I didn't find what I wanted to give, or just going crazy like everyone when I don't even believe in the supposed reason why people buy gifts in the first place.

Although I must admit I do buy a gift for my boyfriend, but only because he, leaving his libertarian lifestyle aside, does consider necessary to give me a gift, whether I give him one or not.. so I'm kinda obliged to get him one...

I don't usually get many gifts anyway. My eldest sister always gets us something anyway (she's a very generous consumerist). My parents don't usually get us things anymore... I guess it's because we're already too old for Christmas things... but anyway. We enjoy having dinner together. Food is one of the most important things for us, so whenever there's food involved, I'm in!

Today you have to write about Christmas gifts (you chose this topic, just in case you wonder).

In your entry you may include:

- Do you like giving people gifts?
- Do you like receiving them?
- How much money do you spend in Christmas gifts?
- When do you buy your gifts?
- Do you always know what to give people?
- If you don't get gifts, why don't you do it?
- Do you get lots of gifts? How does that make you feel?
- Etc.

Word count: 280 words

Leave comments on 3 of your classmates' entries.

Include a photo or video.

No comments:

Post a Comment