Friday 13 January 2012

Away From The Numbers

Travelling is something I really like. Unfortunately, I've travelled more in my mind than in real life... I've postponed all the important trips I've always wanted to take because of my studies... Mainly because I had to pay for them, so I haven't been able to afford going away to all those countries I'd like to visit. Now I'm saving for my own flat, so I guess that's another excuse not to spend my money on plane tickets...
If you make me choose between a sunny beach or a beautiful historical place I'd have to choose the latter. I like cities, I like walking, trying the local food and sightseeing. I like 'picadas', going to traditional restaurants, trying the greasiest most traditional dish of them all. 
What I'd really like now (that I'm utterly stressed due to my two jobs and Master's studies) is going to a country where they speak another language, study the language there and work as a waitress or something. In my free time I'd go to the park or just walk and watch everything around me, without having to plan lessons, correct tests, read and write papers... Why in another country? I don't know, maybe because there I could afford being something completely different from what I am now... away from the rat race of the job market and professional development.
If I were in this other country, for example France, I would spend my weekends travelling to other nearby countries. I'd go to Prague, Portugal, Germany, anywhere!
Travelling is something that's always called my attention, unfortunately I've postponed it for too long.

What about you? Do you like travelling?

I don't really care if you do, because you HAVE to write about it :PPPPP

In your entry you can mention:

- Whether you like it or not. Why.
- The type of trip you prefer (backpacking, sightseeing, safari, cruse, beach holidays, etc.)
- A place you'd like to go or you wouldn't like to go.
- A great trip you remember
- The place you're visiting next
- Etc.

Word count: 230-250
Leave comments on 3 of your classmates' entries


No comments:

Post a Comment