Thursday 29 December 2011

Cemetry Gates


I remember the first book I tried to read when I was little (because I had to, of course, I've always been shallow). It was Papelucho something and I just couldn't finish it. I don't even remember what it was about, I only remember how difficult it was for me to finish it because I couldn't be quiet for too long back then... I didn't finish it, actually.

I also remember when I once tried to read a book on the bus for the first time. It was impossible for me because I couldn't hold it still, so I couldn't read anything at all. I thought reading on the bus would be impossible for me and I would never be able to do it; however, it wasn't, and at some point in my life I mastered the art of 'bus reading' and since then I just couldn't stop.

When I lived in Maipu and went to school in Providencia I used my time on the bus reading the books I had been assigned for school. I remember reading Brave New World by Huxley on the bus and the smell of lavander I once felt when reading it... I think it was Le Sancy soap, not real lavender, but anyway, whenever I feel that smell I remember that book, which is one of my favourite books, by the way.

I also like Orwell's books, such as Animal Farm and 1984, they're two of my favourite books, actually, and he's one of my favourite authors... I bought Homage to Catalonia some time ago, but I haven't been able to read it yet :/

Of course there are other books I like, although I find it very difficult to read these days (mostly because I'm tired all the time). For example, I really like The Catcher in the Rye and The Trial, among others. If you ask me, the first book I really liked because I thought I had found myself in it (when I thought I was oh so special) is Demian, by Hesse. I love that book, though I haven't read it again ever since. Still, I think that book is responsible for making me the person I am now... or I was, at some point in my teens until I became really shallow and started to read LUN and my brain fossilized.

Anyway, as you probably realised, today you have to write about books. How do you feel about them? I guess you like them because you chose this topic, so write on!

If you don't know how to start you could mention things like:

- Why do/don't you like books?
- What's your favourite book?
- What's the first book you read?
- Who's your fave author?
- What type of books do you enjoy most?
- Etc.
  • You have to write about 120-150 words
  • Include an IMAGE or VIDEO, please.
  • Leave comments in 3 of your classmates entries
Here's a video of a song by The Cure inspired by The Stranger by Camus, another book I really like:




No comments:

Post a Comment